On Tuesday 14 October 2014 the Sustainability and Urban Planning Program at RMIT, Melbourne is hosting the inaugural Paul Mees debate, to honour one of Australia’s foremost transport advocates and planning scholars, Dr Paul Mees OAM.
Panellists will consider the topic:
That public transport planning is too important to be left to politicians
- Senator Janet Rice, Australian Greens, former Mayor of Maribyrnong and co-founder and former Chair of the Metropolitan Transport Forum
- Mr Rod Quantock, Melbourne comedian and self-professed ‘failed architect’
- Councillor Jackie Fristacky, Mayor of City Yarra Council
- Associate Professor Wendy Steele, Principal Research Fellow at RMIT University
- Professor Carolyn Whitzman, Professor of Urban Planning at the University of Melbourne
- Mr William McDougall, Consultant transport planner, engineer and economist.
The debate will be held at the RMIT Capitol Theatre, 113 Swanston Street, Melbourne at 6pm on Tuesday 14 October, 2014.
For further details, including how to register for the debate see: